View Single Post
Old 10-03-2017, 05:26 PM   #20
H. L. Chauvin

Default Re: Speaking of engine swaps....

FWIW: For #18 Forum Title Puzzle:

1. Every State was, and maybe still is, just a little bit different with procedures for transferring vintage cars.

2. About ten years ago, my 1930 Town Sedan came from an owner who had it stored for 20 years in NY.

3. He later moved with this car near Ft. Hood, Texas where this car now had no NY title but had a NY Registration Certificate as was customary at that time.

4. After meeting with the former owner, driving the car, and prior to purchasing, I obtained a copy of his NY Registration Certificate, went to my local DMV, (another nice lady), showed her on line where NY vintage cars could legally be transferred with NY Registration Certificates, she smiled, told me no problem and told me to just buy it and she would gladly issue a title.

5. Mrs. Pink Dress Lucifer mentioned in reply #6 above was still in charge of DMV at DMV higher headquarters. She must have been busy trying to harass and spook some other vintage car owner because some subordinate in her office approved this different Model A transfer with no problems.
H. L. Chauvin is offline   Reply With Quote