Thread: my dad's 53
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 07:25 PM   #2
53F100Jeffie

Default Re: my dad's 53

forddaughter,
I know how you feel. My father died ten years ago. He wanted me to have his 35 5 window coupe. A high school friend came out to visit from out west and while here, they thought maybe it would be better if he took the car as a retirement project. I had two young kids, and at the time did like old Fords, but that was what he wanted, not me. He cried when I told him I was okay with selling it to his friend. Before he died I told him i was going to buy a 1948-50 Ford pick up truck, which I did. After having one, I had to have more. I now have 49 Panel truck, which needs a total restoration, and a 1953 F100 pick up truck that I drive quite frequently.
I will probably see that car again some day, but I enjoy driving my trucks around my little town in the summer time. I guess what I'm saying is take the money and do something to make yourself happy. You have the memories of your dad and the truck. I have some great pictures of my dad and his car.
Some day my trucks will be restored, but I enjoy going out opening the garage door and heading down the road. My 53 came form an estate sale, so I was benefiting from someone's sorrow, but as others have said, we are just caretakers of these beautiful vehicles of the past.
Jeff
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo0185.jpg (46.3 KB, 73 views)

1929 Model A Fordor
1949 Ford F1 Panel Truck
1953 Ford F100 Pickup
2006 Ford F150 XLT Scab 4x4
"I'd rather drive a truck" - Rick Nelson
53F100Jeffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)