View Single Post
Old 08-08-2015, 10:25 AM   #19
msmaron

Send a message via AIM to msmaron
Default Re: Turn signal switch debate - which one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y-Blockhead View Post
I have been following along on most of the discussions on turn signals and debating to "build my own" but I really am impressed with the Electro-Tech after reading their ad. I like the fact of using a small switch and mounting it under the dash rail instead of mounting a big a$$ switch on the column. Thanks for the link.
Simple installation and all independent of everything else on the car., Clean, hidden and worth every penny!!

Note: Available with machined aluminum column switch, under dash toggle switch, or no included switch for use with you own style momentary switche(s).

* Operates on all cars - 6 or 12 volts, Positive or Negative Ground.
* Self Cancel feature uses time and lack of brake signal to know when to cancel.
* Timeout user adjustable for 15, 30, 45 or 60 seconds. Factory set for 15 seconds. Turn signal will not time out with the brakes applied.
* Audible beep on turn - user selectible for On/Off.
* Easy installation with included instructions, wiring diagrams and terminal labels on control.
* Fail safes with brake and park lights still functional even with blown turn signal control fuse or no power to the control box.
* Can operate with combined brake and turn lights or seperate brake and turn lamps in rear of car.
* Can share front Park or Fog lights for front turn signals.
* Flash rate independent of lamp load. Will flash LED lamps or incandesent lamps at the same rate.
* 4-way Hazzard function.
* Choice of machined aluminum column switch in brushed natural, black, under dash toggle or user supplied switche(s).
* Controller can use any style momentary switch(es) to access all control functions.
* 10 pin European style screw terminal connector prewired for power, ground and signal switch plug.
* Internal 15 amp turn function fuse and seperate Park and Brake circuit 10 amp fuses.
* Quick disconnect of control box for easy service. Simply unplug the 10 pin connector.

The system comes with this switch on the left which goes under the dash...

HOWEVER you can see in the next pic, we modified it and added 2 tiny LED lights to show when it is on and be able to cancel faster if we choose.

ALSO Be sure to buy the wire kit, it makes things go much faster.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3064.jpg (33.2 KB, 171 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2308.jpg (68.8 KB, 165 views)
National Facebook Admin.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MARC.group/

A7191-Sport Coupe
29 Roadster
29-Town Sedan
29-Original Special Coupe
msmaron is offline   Reply With Quote