View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 12:10 PM   #13
Ranchero50

Lightbulb Re: Newbie '29 Speedster project, the good the bad and even the ugly (maybe)

Let me know if you guys can see these pics. Trying to get an easy way from the phone to the forum and if this works I'll use it versus cross load everything to Imgbb and host from there.

I've made some decent progress the past couple days. Mostly thanks to the Les Andrews book and a lot of googling the webs. I'm still trying to figure out what happened to the pinion gear. The preload nuts were tight so I assume I'll be splitting the cases. The ring gear looks ok through the fill hole. I haven't been able to pop the outer race out of the housing. First I wanted to see how many spring leafs (leaves?) I have an figure out which to get rid of for the much lighter speedster body. Looks like it has 10 and should have 7 for a roadster (or less). Supposedly this thing has a coupe body on it but who knows what it came with... Once I think the pack (literally) I'll bolt it back into the frame and brace against that to unload the shackles.

Other fun was popping the trans apart and I found a broken pressure plate bolt in the flywheel. It's about half out, used the pressure plate as a drill guide to center drill the damaged end. It's a good trick to know and use. Otherwise things are going pretty well although I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the yellow paint. I feel I should strip it but that's gonna suck. Maybe I can figure out some way to incorporate the various hues into the "racing" legacy. Maybe.

I do need one 21" wheel and probably the center section of a rear.

Last edited by Ranchero50; 09-17-2019 at 08:44 PM.
Ranchero50 is offline   Reply With Quote