View Single Post
Old 09-13-2018, 01:54 PM   #260
woofa.express

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

The GPS sales team is Lost.

GPS for ag work tracking arrived in ’94. In ’95 I held a meeting of GPS sales reps and operators at my base in Finley. Three GPS teams arrived and operators came from near and far. It was a good day.
About the start of meeting time I had a call from the Trimble sales people who were flying in.They asked where they would they find Finley. As I was speaking to them a Twin Comanche flew past my back fence. “what sort of aeroplane are you flying” I asked. A Twin Comanche they responded. “well throttle back and let your wheels down. You are about to fly downwind runway 05” I told them.
About 15 minutes later Robby Robbilliard walks in. “how did you get here Rob I enquired”. My Twin Comanche he responded. Didn’t you see me fly past your back fence just a few minutes ago? “Yes, of course I did.”
I had figured it was the Trimble GPS people. But they, I later figured, were somewhere down the Barmah Lakes on the Murray some 30 miles away. They eventually arrived and do you know what they said to me. No of course you don’t. Absolutely nothing, not at thing. I wouldn’t have either if I was selling GPS and was lost.
The picture is a twin Comanche and was acquired from the internet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg twin commanchie.jpg (19.2 KB, 1 views)

And there are times when I have a long memory.

Last edited by woofa.express; 09-13-2018 at 02:41 PM.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote