View Single Post
Old 12-22-2015, 08:34 PM   #22
My1930ModelA

Default Re: New Shop is coming along.

Hi Wick, congratulations on your recent retirement and new garage project! I built my 40x56 hobby garage with lift 5 years ago, and would like to offer a few suggestions regarding the lift purchase: First take the time to do plenty of research on lift types and manufacturers. You will find that with very few exceptions, lifts are manufactured offshore now. Don''t let this discourage you, the most important consideration is to buy a lift that is ALI certified. For primarily auto lifting duty versus pickup trucks, I would suggest an asymmetrical lift as it makes entry/exit from the car much easier. If you have the width in your bay, choose the wide configuration lift as this also makes entry/exit much easier. Finally on the installation, unless you are very well equipped to assemble and install the lift, I would suggest professional installation and setup/adjustment. This is in my opinion well worth the cost to help insure a safe reliable installation.
My lift is a Bend Pak 10,000 lb capacity asymmetrical and it has been flawless, lifting everything from my 1930 town sedan to my C6 Corvette. Good luck with your new shop! I know you'll enjoy it.

Mark
My1930ModelA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)