View Single Post
Old 09-24-2021, 11:38 AM   #9
Kube

Default Re: 1940 ford pickup metal floor board

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetpenny View Post
Thanks for your quick reply. The diameter of the hole in my floor pan is 2.75 inches which according to my correspondence with a technical staff person (Lee) at C&G antique ford parts should be 3 inches. Do you remember where you got your floor pan or was it the original floor pan that came with the truck. Also, if your floor pan was a reproduction of the original did it come with 3 inch diameter hole or did you have to cut it out. Thanks for your help.
I have both a coupe and a convertible "under construction" at this moment. I'd measured both and find them to be 3.00". I'm not inclined to pull the mat from the truck as that vehicle is done (fully restored).
As the identical floor cover is utilized in both the cars and pickup, I'd say the 3" diameter is correct for your truck.
My guess is your reproduction pan was not of the highest quality. Still, easy enough to open to 3" methinks.
Remember that plug should fit snugly within the opening so as to create a seal. It wasn't meant to be held in place by the floor mat.