View Single Post
Old 09-23-2021, 10:58 AM   #6
Kube

Default Re: 1940 ford pickup metal floor board

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetpenny View Post
I have the same floor pan that you have which I assume was the original and/or duplicate of the original floor pan. The color of the floor pan matches the body color of my pickup and I assume that yours also matches the body color. What is confusing me is that the hole in mine is too small. Do you know if the floor pan came with the hole cut out or was it done by the dealer and the cover then supplied by the dealer. Also I assume that the floor pans from Carpenter and C&G do not have the hole cut since I do not see it in the photos that they show. Finally, as you may deduce the restorations in my vehicles have been done to the original specifications as most likely has been the case for your vehicles. Thank you for your help and comments.
The floor pan was stamped and formed in its entirety and subsequently installed at the factory.
If the hole in your floor is too small, I might tend to believe the pan has been replaced.
I will tell ya, the plug can be a tad difficult to install. If you're expecting it to simply push in with ease, well, you're expecting too much. These were intended to offer a seal from exterior debris, etc.
Did you attempt to lubricate the rubber a bit with glass cleaner? What is the diameter of the hole in your floor pan?