View Single Post
Old 11-21-2018, 07:24 AM   #8
Dave in MN

Default Re: Tire cover with mirrors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Wesenberg View Post
Exactly right, plus the distance from the driver's eyes makes the field of view very small.
Consider them useless bling.
Tom, You have a good point about the small field of view but they do help. I have one on the driver's side and use it to check the blind spot when the top is up. Yes, there is a good sized blind spot when the top is up...even more if you travel with the rear and middle side curtains installed as we often do.

I forgot to put it back on, after rotating tires, before leaving on our east coast road trip last fall. I had a few close calls that would have likely been avoided had I had the mirror installed. Maybe it's that I have become used to having it available that makes it necessary for me.

To help eliminate the vibration and blurred reflection, I fold a small cloth shop towel to the size of the base on the mirror and then place the towel between the tire and the mirror base. Tightening the leather strap with the towel between eliminates most of the vibration. Without the towel: Yes, it vibrates to the point of not being very useful.
Good Day!

Last edited by Dave in MN; 11-21-2018 at 09:38 AM.
Dave in MN is offline   Reply With Quote