View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 04:48 PM   #7
Ryan
Administrator

Default Re: The Ford Bomber Plant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC33 View Post
You hit it in the head, "used to be".
We still are an amazing country. However, if you haven't spent a lot of time around the men and women that serve in our armed forces right now, I could see how you might think we aren't anymore.

I have spent a lot of time around these folks. In fact, I've been working with an amazing group the last nine or ten months while planning our Hot Rod Revolution event that is going down this coming weekend. I've worked with a lot of different members of the US Army including a number of members in the Special Forces... They've are incredible people that sacrifice just as much as their brothers and sisters did in WWII.

It's funny... I've gotten to know so many of these guys because as one group rotates out to go to Iraq or Afghanistan, another rotates in to fill their shoes at the base. I've talked to a lot of these guys that were headed to some pretty dangerous theaters and they treat it like it's no big deal.

"Good luck with the show. I'll give you a call when I'm on leave in 12 months or so..."

Anyway, it's fashionable to say that this country isn't what it used to be. I get that. However, it's far from the truth if you take the time to get to know the people that are sacrificing so much to protect it.

The United States Of America is still the greatest country in the world. Period.