View Single Post
Old 07-22-2019, 12:48 AM   #11
mill48

Default Re: Hole in water jacket

Hello everyone. I am still stuck with this problem on my 1928 Model A. I have tried everything that I can think of. I can stop the leak from having drilled into the water jacket by using the "Right Stuff" by Permatex. My problem now is rethreading the bolt hole. I have tried filling the hole with JB Weld and even a metal filler and neither are strong enough for the tap and rethreading to hold. It seems to me that the best solution would be to have a welder drop some metal into the hole and drill and tap new threads for an insert or the bolt itself. The problem is, I cannot find a welder who is willing to work with cast iron welding. I am now considering drilling an oversized hole, tapping and inserting an oversized bolt, and then drilling into and tapping the bolt. My question to this group is do any of you know what's behind the walls of the inlet ports (not knowing the technical term)? I am talking about the four large holes where the inlet pipe connects. I don't want to drill and cause further damage after all. I started my car about two weeks ago, but since I could not get a proper torque, there was an intake leak and the engine ran hot. I need a permanent fix if anyone can help. Thanks in advance.
mill48 is offline   Reply With Quote