View Single Post
Old 12-09-2014, 11:37 PM   #13
32sedan

Default Re: Looking for Pictures of 1932 Ford Radio installed in a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payne View Post
Hey fellas,

I'm looking for any photos of a 1932 Grigsby-Grunow radio installed in a deuce. The only picture I've ever seen is the one from the V-8 Affair showing the radio head dial mounted on the steering column. I'm looking to find the exact placement for the wooden speaker box on the floor board, and where to properly install the two steel boxes contain the radio parts themselves in the floor pan.

Thanks,
I know this is an old thread. I was wondering if you found everything you need? I have a 32 Fordor with the Grigsby Grunow radio that you are talking about. As I understand it, Ford did not install radios. However, they did authorize Grigsby as the official/sanctioned radio for their cars. If you wanted one, your local Ford dealer would install it. The one in my car was installed in 1934 (two years after the car was purchased brand-new) and remains there to this day. I know this because I found the receipt from when my grandfather had it installed. We don't throw anything away in my family! Funny thing is that literally within a year or so of purchasing this radio, they phased out all dynamotor radios for the better/lighter/cheaper vibrator radios. Anyway, the poster who said the speaker goes on the driver side of the firewall matches how mine is installed. I assume that is correct since it was a Ford dealer who installed it but who knows? If it is correct, I bet it would be the same install as your Deuce. I know you are probably onto bigger and better things but I thought I would drop a line just in case.
32sedan is offline   Reply With Quote