View Single Post
Old 09-12-2014, 11:28 AM   #13
blucar

Default Re: Stolen Parts Kentucky

It does not matter much where you live, crime/theft is a problem..
One of my daughters and her husband own a large farm in Montana.. The purchased the adjoining farm several years ago, had a guy living on the adjoining farm for several years, not for the past couple of years..
Any chance we get to buy/pickup old cars and trucks, we grab them, we haul them out to the adjoining farm so as to not clutter up the "home place". have quite a collection, some as old as Model T's..
I was up at my daughters in June, I have a pretty nice '59 Ford 4x, '49 Chevy, '29 Durant, to name just a few up there. I needed some parts off of the '49 Chevy so I loaded my tools in to a pickup and went on a harvesting mission.
After I had gathered up the parts I needed I wondered around taking stock of things. As I was looking over the '59 4x I noted that the rear wheels were off of the truck. At first I thought my son in law or one of his sons might have needed a tire wheel. I noted something was amiss with the rear end, the third member gone from the Ford 9".
When I returned to the home ranch I mentioned the missing third member to my son in law. He told me that during the past couple of years they had experience a lot of theft. Someone had the nerve to remove the Edelbrok carb/manifold, HEI ign and heads off of a '71 Chevy 4x he had sitting in the shop of the unoccupied farm, while they were at it they took all of the tools out of the shop..
My daughter had security cameras installed at various location around their property..