View Single Post
Old 01-05-2015, 11:01 AM   #19
larrys40

Default Re: Anti Rattler Pics

Rusty,

I've done them both ways.... I think the important point ( for service over judged car) is that they have a good "spring" working anti rattle alignment. The bracket is correctly positioned ( bend if necessary for correct right angle). I looked at my Tudor where they have been on there for many miles and I have them both together at the rear, bolt in from front, nut & lock washer to rear. They worked well. I have/think I generally do them as shown in the service bulletins with one on each side as it's honestly easier to mount and tighten and funcionally better.
I don't think it's one to overthink... but I definately feel the later '31 style do a better job. Like Tom said with the flat type.. I have had to bend them to get a better funcional fit/alignment in the past when I have used them. The spring nature of the wire type are much better and positive natured.

PS Always liked your avatar photo. Coupe body looks great. I will have to add a photo sometime... probably something KRW or something.

Happy New Year to the Barn!
Larry Shepard
larrys40 is offline   Reply With Quote