View Single Post
Old 09-22-2021, 04:57 PM   #24
vincent

Default Re: Stromberg 97 adjust

Terry, I tried the 0.037 first with the summer setting but it was still too lean on the transition from idle to butterfly lift. So I put the links onto the Winter setting which helped a bit but not enough. The problem is the slow acceleration off idle and keeping the engine there with the butterfly barely lifted. There is no squirt as there is no movement in the pump and clearly this area is too lean compared to the rest.I can run the car on 0.040" and cover this area good enough but it is a little bit too rich in the upper revs - hence the question what to do to richen up just the transition area between idle and the first movement of butterflies... It is not doable with the mains or the idle circuit so I need a tip what to change on the carbs. On a motorcycle I would change the slide for a smaller cut-out but I donīt know enough of these carbs until now so I need to investigate.
Idle is perfect at about 700 revs, ignition is at 4 degr, full advance around 24 degr at 2000 revs, plugs are a nice brownish color on the isolator.
vincent is offline   Reply With Quote