View Single Post
Old 01-11-2015, 12:23 AM   #1
hoss73ford

Angry SCAM ALERT--didnt get my F250 wheels

City: Rogers
State: AR

I'm sorry to report but it has spread to Fordbarn. Perhaps I'm not the only one, but only the latest. I thought a person had to have a password to answer want ads on here?

On November 25th, I placed a want ad for 1966 & earlier F250 wheels (innies) I got an almost immediate response from someone who had a set and supposedly lived about 210 miles from me in Kansas City, KS. I offered to drive up and pick them up as I do that whenever passible but he wanted payment thru MoneyGram which obviously was a big mistake. His price was somewhat high--$310, and another request for an additional $70 but nonetheless I fell for it. He promised I'd get a tracking # but so far, no wheels & no tracking number and so far 6 weeks have passed. I didn't report this to the police because I know I'll never get my money back. None of my emails have been answered by this person.

A second responder contacted me with two wheels but due to the holidays and family issues I haven't been able to get back to him. Now I have the jitters about buying anything that I can't pick up in person, although the second responder sent some pictures so I think he may be legitimate.

Please guys and gals, be ever vigilant on who you respond to. That money I lose was hard earned. I just don't believe an actual Fordbarner did this.
hoss73ford is offline   Reply With Quote