View Single Post
Old 11-15-2020, 06:48 PM   #6
Lost and Profound

Default Re: Still wont start

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Thanks for the replies so far. I thought about valves but dismissed it as it is not backfiring or even trying to fire at all.
When i put the new battery in I cleaned the ground cable end at the engine as well as put new terminals on the battery end, there was green fuzzy living on them, but wire brushed and brake cleaner until clean. The cables are not heating up as its cranking.
That being said it is not cranking as fast as a 12v system, but I had understood that the 6v did not, wouldnt be the first time I was wrong in my life though.
When I pulled the plug out I hooked it back up to the wire and watched it spark as it was cranked over, it also didnt smell like fuel, even though I have sprayed fuel down venturi.
Not a big fan of starting fluid, but it may be worth a try in this case. The motor ran when it was driven into the garage and parked, so unless the timing chain jumped when it was shut off, but at this point probably best not to rule it out, although I thought it should still backfire if the timing was out.
And yall say new cars are complicated.. lol
Lost and Profound is offline   Reply With Quote