View Single Post
Old 04-16-2020, 02:24 PM   #44
Conaway2

Default Re: Manifold Cooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napa Skip View Post
Very interesting and enjoyable article about Anne Neely Beck. There have also been several articles in “The Restorer” ("Make Mine Medium Rare" on pages 26-28 of the November-December 1974 issue, “Cookin’ Along in My Model A” by Pat Duffy on pages 16-17 of the November-December 1985 issue; “Using the Model A As A Campstove” by William Johnston on page 21 of the May-June 1990 issue; “Manifold Cookery” on page 30 of the July-August 1992 issue; etc.) and no doubt other articles, both in “The Restorer” and in the “Model A News.” Also, several clubs have published their own cookbooks.

The “Make Mine Medium Rare” article has several roast beef recipes as does the "Manifold Cookery" article (Blackened Roadfish, Roadside Stew, Interstate 10 Chicken Wings, etc.) and the latter – conveniently – gives the cooking times in miles instead of minutes/hours.

Also, most articles recommend triple wrapping whatever is to be cooked in tin foil, which should take care of any concern about engine odors permeating the food.
I cannot find either of these articles online - does anyone know if they are online ?

Thanks - JIm
Conaway2 is offline   Reply With Quote