View Single Post
Old 05-18-2019, 05:33 PM   #24
wensum

Default Re: Harmonic Balancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRENT in 10-uh-C View Post
Most batteries will last a long, LONG time --especially when the lights are LEDs!! Maybe another reason to use LED bulbs??

I think it is often funny, -almost to the point about being comical how some people are so worried about what if something breaksdown on the side of the road and all the hypothetical what-ifs' that potentially could happen. I've seen guys that carried better parts under the seat of their Model-A as a back-up contingency in case they breakdown going to town to get ice cream on a Saturday evening. Why not properly restore each and every component for peace of mind and leave all the spare stuff at home?? Then on the very slim chance that something does malfunction, whip out the trusty AAA card and have them tote you & your car home where it can be repaired in a less-stressful environment called your Garage.

My philosophy to a Tee (or should that be an A?) one of my reasons for going back to an A after owning some reasonably exotic vintage cars, was its simplicity and the readily available spare parts. I carry no spares but have had to call on the AA once which ultimately proved to be a loose wire on the ignition switch, my fault and not a failure of any Model A component.
wensum is offline   Reply With Quote