View Single Post
Old 11-16-2018, 01:41 PM   #3
woofa.express

Default Re: And another Model A brought back to life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa's CCPU View Post
With the help of all of the knowledge the incredible members of this forum have shared, this truck is now back together after being in pieces since sometime in the late 60's when by brother brought it home...
I lived in a barn in Fremont, Ca. until I moved away in '96 and followed me around until I found this forum and started collecting the missing pieces

First image is how it looked in Sept 2012, just a frame and sheet metal. No running gear, and the doors had been spirited away sometime in the early 70's while by brother was in the navy..

Second image is current...still getting a few kinks out, but it runs!

Was able to find a gold mine of original parts, including a motor that has been sitting of 15-20 years, has a crack in rear main, but everyone I spoke with said "just put it back together and run it, you'll know wright away if its gonna work or not..."
Well, with Dan Partain's help, it started up on the first try....Thanks for all your help Dan!
That's great. To see an A resurrected is joyous, a little like going to a christening. To see one turned into a street rod is like going to the funeral of an old favourite maiden aunt.

And there are times when I have a long memory.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote