View Single Post
Old 08-02-2018, 11:03 AM   #18
chrs1961815

Default Re: 28 Canadian Roadster questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundytides View Post
I have a 31 Canadian built Std. Roadster. As mentioned, the main difference is the use of Robertson screws. Luckily, since I did a complete disassembly of mine, Robertson screws are generally available here in Canada at hardware stores and fastener suppliers. The only ones I have been stuck for is the door hinge screws. I have managed to salvage most of the old ones and used socket heads where I need new ones. At a glance you don't notice the difference. There is a difference in bumper clamps and data plates both of which can be obtained from Mike's Afordable and probably others. Mikes also sells the Robertson screw kits for Canadian cars. The other difference that I am still struggling with is that the original paint on my firewall is Ford Maroon which is not listed as a color choice for 1931 Std. Roadsters. I can only assume that different color choices were offered in Canada but can find no documentation to back this up. In spite of the lack of documentation, I am going to finish the car in Ford Maroon when I have it completed.
I hope someone will compile some information on the canadian built cars eventually. As I mentioned earlier, mine definetely had Niagra Blue Dark as its original color, as some is still visible on the car.
chrs1961815 is offline   Reply With Quote