View Single Post
Old 03-17-2015, 10:54 AM   #10
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: 1928 open car latch handle finish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Tahtaras View Post
Brent, Can you tell me just when Ford specified the lever no longer be nickel plated?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrndln View Post
I have the same pictures as Tom posted above of Dean's car showing the handles plated. Dean's phaeton was very early 28 (1927), so it reinforces Brent's information that the first handles were nickel plated. The question now is, if or when the handles were changed from plated to painted. Any information on that Brent?
Rusty Nelson

I honestly do not know the time-frame. I know we are 're-freshening' an early January '28 Phaeton and ran into this on this car when we were rebuilding the latches. I do not have time to dig thru my notes and pictures to verify it any more ...but I think I first asked Doc about if this was correct, --and maybe Bill Sturm too. It also seems like I verified this looking on a door latch assembly print.

Below are some pictures showing the latches coming part and you can see the original rivet and the worn Nickel plating. Dudley, it is not the V notched latches style but this door is the earlier door as shown below. I guess I'm not much help on this!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1979.jpg (35.3 KB, 52 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PlatedDoorHandles.pdf (1.35 MB, 31 views)

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote