View Single Post
Old 10-31-2017, 07:28 PM   #13
History

Default Re: first Ford dealer in Oregon

My first post here and with that hello to all of you. I am soon to be an owner of a 1930 model a sport or business coupe. My dad and mother passed in the last two years and I'm the only child interested in the car, but I'm really really really interested in it .

The story of the flying wing and your parents not believing you made me think of something I had to share with you. My son who is now nineteen and in college was in daycare. My wife found a little toy in his pocket when they got home that wasn't his. We knew everything he had as we have been very involved with our kids. The toy was in the shape of a large capsule and had a steel ball inside and it would always stand up because the ball would use gravity to force it to. It also had the shape of a man painted or decal on it. I guess my little fellow was around three at the time.

I asked him where he got it and he said it was just in his pocket. I went through the whole "things just don't magically appear in your pocket". I kept asking and I could tell he was frantically trying to come up with a way that it was in his pocket. He started crying and it ended with me saying " when you get to daycare you will tell everyone you took something that wasn't yours", wife agreed.

Wife calls me later and says " when we got to daycare I took him in and we told one of the ladies that our son had something he needed to tell everyone". The lady says " I need to tell you something first, I put a toy in his pocket on Friday and since I didn't have more for the other kids I didn't say anything".

I almost cried when my wife told me that because I understood what he was going through when I didn't believe him, almost cry now typing it.

I still have the little toy. The lady loved our son like he was hers.
History is offline   Reply With Quote