View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013, 09:09 PM   #8
VeryTangled

Default Re: Hershey Pictures

Hey Y'all, still no water pressure at the homestead...

Many crispy show cars! Hate to admit it but a couple of high-option Corvettes caught my eye (one a split-window), and I usually can't get a bump in my blood pressure from them. A very nice showing of brass cars including a hearty batch of T's, and a very long list of others. People probably missed the race cars but there were some historic and pricy bits in the lower parking lot.

Many frightful coral cars with equally unrealistic expectations. The owner of this good looking '36 truck wanted a Roadster price [Edit: it's a '38 not a '36, funny because that's what he was asking, 38K.]. One fella said the auction was hot the previous two nights.

The weather was very good and there were no mud quagmires at the crosswalks or anywhere on the field that I saw. There was no mud on the show field, yes a few 2 foot across puddles on the turn-in to the field, but you should avoid them if you're afraid of that stuff.

The only car I saw mud on at the exit was the Locomobile. Likely not it's first time, but still a little grating.

I watched about 1/3 of the show cars come off the field and even the white-tire'd ones I saw weren't damaged. See the Stanley below, when on the field, and leaving the field.

People should remember this is the perfect grass field. It used to be a golf course so the drainage is sorted out.

I couldn't believe it when I saw people sitting on the ground, jeans-to-grass! I didn't try it, but didn't see any wet, well, I can't finish this but you get it.

More on the wet. One of the very first early Fords on the field, shortly after daybreak, had a brass spark-plug 'nut' go missing under the right front tire. On my tummy under the immaculate flathead, I came out dry. No kidding.

Also got to help a fella install his side curtains, as I'd just gone through the drill on our car two weeks ago. His set was four pieces and two support rods per side of the car, the Phaeton uses four support rods and five curtain pieces for each side.

-VT/JeffH
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GEDC0600_zps077d157b.jpg (59.1 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg GEDC0510_zps95698148.jpg (101.7 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg GEDC0408_zpse110d6bd.jpg (62.9 KB, 91 views)

Last edited by VeryTangled; 10-13-2013 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Correcting truck year
VeryTangled is offline   Reply With Quote