View Single Post
Old 06-28-2017, 03:36 PM   #5
Kube

Default Re: Rare '40 convertible restoration project

V8coopman, and SwoopNZ, Believe me, there have been PLENTY of times in the past nine years I have asked myself "Self, WTF were you thinking"? The answer nearly always came back very much not to my liking.
To kind of play "catch up" on this project I can tell all that nearly everything related to this car sans the body and paint is done. Engine, trans, well, the entire drivetrain are done. Highly detailed and awaiting installation. The interior panels, seats, dash, moldings, etc. are done. Steering column, steering wheel... the list goes on and on. There are literally 22 boxes cataloged and stored in my basement along with all the items too large to box. ALL of it is done - detailed and ready to install.
Through the years, while restoring other cars, I have managed to spend a few hours here and there on sub-assemblies for this project.
In reality, there is very little to do other than the finish body and paint. The hood and fenders already have the guide coat on them. Once the body is where I want it, I'll get the fenders and hood aligned and blocked out.
Oh, the frame still needs to be restored. I'll get that done before any paint work on the body.
The photos attached herein depict pretty much where the body currently is at.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2122.jpg (51.4 KB, 722 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN3518.jpg (78.0 KB, 733 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN3519.jpg (80.3 KB, 693 views)