View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 08:31 PM   #1
callcoy

Default Fastenal Shipping

I have in the past shipped crates of Model A parts from Santa Rosa to my home in Tenn. without any problem. The system used to be simple, drop your crate off at your store, they make a call to Corp. and get the quote, you complete the paperwork and pay, then it is on it's way.

A week or so after Speed Week at Bonneville I put together two crates containing a B block with a Silberstein flathead and a B block with a alum. overhead conversion. The procedure had changed requiring the shipper ( Me ) to contact Corp. get a quote, OK the and sign the quote, submit it and then they will ship, you pay the receiving store when it arrives.

Well not so smooth this time, dumb me I assumed that this could be completed in a mater of days, I had left my crates with my Santa Rosa store and flew back to Tenn. It took several weeks for the person that I was working ( ? ) with to realize I was shipping two crates. I was out of town for a week and did not have my computer but always have my phone which she never used to contact me but then after more computer contact from me I got my quotes. Before leaving again I completed and signed the paperwork. In an effort to alert the receiving store that I to receive to shipments, I asked them to fax the paperwork to Corp. keep copies for reference.

So I assume the shipments have been made, a week later the fires start in Santa Rosa and Napa. I have flown back out as stated in my first post and am here two days when I get notified that my crates have shipped and now have been notified that they are waiting for me in Tenn.

I thought that any Barners that may consider shipping Fastenal to be aware of the change in procedure. While it took better than five weeks for my stuff to make it to Tenn. because of the gross lag in shipping my engines sat at the store while fire was held at bay across the street from the store

Last edited by callcoy; 11-20-2017 at 10:03 AM.
callcoy is offline   Reply With Quote