View Single Post
Old 10-14-2018, 07:29 AM   #19
chap52

Default Re: A Model A Thinking out Loud.

Thanks Jack,

Waiting on delivery of my first "A", 1931 Tudor in a week or so.

I have recently said ggo-bye to my 52 F-1 after thirteen years of hanging out, and under together and am a bit anxious about the new guy moving in. I realize from your sharing that the first thing I need to do is pull up my shop stool and have a good ol' sit down chat with my new friend. Then we will go on our "get acquainted drive." I know I will have to apologize for those not so gentle gear shifts and more than necessary sudden stops. I will of course beg forgiveness and know that it will be granted because that's what friends do.

My relationship with my truck was a special one and I hope my new friend will be as excited to meet me and my wife as we are to meet him. I also will explain in advance how when my wife is riding in the car that he will often feel sudden pressure on his passenger floorboard. That will just be mom assisting with the breaking action.

Thanks for reminding me that before I try to fix someone, something I first need to listen to them and establish a sincere trust through loving them. Almost sounds Biblical, huh! Chap
chap52 is offline   Reply With Quote