View Single Post
Old 11-29-2021, 12:32 AM   #53
Terry Burtz, Calif

Default Re: Cost of Running Burtz Engine

If you have a recently rebuilt engine that has failed or want to make a change and save money building the "New Engine", your valve train, camshaft, timing gears, and all attaching parts can be reused if they are in good condition.

As a minimum, you will have to buy standard-size pistons with thin rings, a gasket set, front and rear crankshaft seals, and 12 bearing inserts.

In addition to the minimum, I would add head studs and nuts.

By reusing old parts that are in good condition, the additional cost for new parts to build an engine should be less than $300.

We will be displaying the "New Engine Kit", "New 30-pound Flywheel", and "New Camshaft" at the Modesto A's swapmeet in Turlock, CA on January 29 and 30, 2022, and I will be there to answer questions.

Our swapmeet space is in building E-2 and across the aisle from the snack bar.

We will be taking orders for the "New Engine Kits", "New 30 pound Flywheel", "New .340 inch lift Camshaft", and the "New Cylinder Head".

At the Turlock swapmeet, we will be offering discounts on all of our parts.
The "New Engine Kit" will be $3750 instead of $3950.
The "New 30-pound Flywheel" will be $325 instead of $350.
The "New Camshaft" will be $345 instead of $375.
The "New Head" will be $345 instead of $375.

The discount on the "New Engine Kit" is $200 which will help to pay for the minimal parts required.

Nobody can predict the future and our prices may increase because of inflation, the higher cost of container shipping, the increased cost of energy in the USA, and the cost of manufacturing in China due to government restrictions.

This post is not political and I ask you to not make political comments.

Terry Burtz
Terry Burtz, Calif is offline   Reply With Quote