View Single Post
Old 04-06-2018, 04:44 PM   #27
Nabco

Default Re: Reducing Agreed Value

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corley View Post
Nabco Update! After reading your post on your calls to both Hagerty and NCM, I made those same calls myself, and I got VERY different answers! Hagerty said that if you plan to drive your collector car more than 1-2000 miles a year, they don't consider you a good fit, and would likely reject you. I asked about the golfing outing, and the answer was that they don't want you to do that, because golf parking lots are high risk areas. The more questions that I asked, the more restrictions they mentioned. As to a new policy encouraging you to drive your collector car more, there is no such policy, and nothing new as of this year. After about 20 minutes on the phone with them, the guy finally said that NCM is more tolerant to number of miles, and to newer vehicles than they are, but about the same on everything else. They wondered who you talked to, as you seemed to have gotten some wrong answers.

The NCM person also said that golf course parking lots are a high risk place, so not encouraged as a regular thing. Basically exactly the same as Hagerty. All the other restrictions seemed about the same to me, except as mentioned, NCM has higher miles allowance if you specify it, and they are more tolerant to newer vehicles.

So, in the final analysis, all collector car insurance seems to be about the same coverage, price seems to be the biggest difference. One thing that was obvious, Hagerty did not want to be nailed down on specifics and waffled a lot. NCM was more black and white on things.
Ok I guess you’re right and I’m wrong....you win, I’m done 👏