Thread: Awwe Crap!
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2016, 06:33 PM   #255
Capt Kirk

Default Re: Awwe Crap!

Well, we did have some rains this last week and Saturday didn't look any better. We got a reprieve on Sunday. I used the good weather to get it stuffed back under the car by myself with the help of a jack and an old skate board. It went together well and I had to do some grinding to get my new drum retainers fitted to the proper clearance. I got the car setting back on the ground and tightened the lug nuts tight and axle nuts to Herculean torque...jacked it back up and let it run in gear with fresh lube. No noises out of the ordinary but noticed a slight wobble in my K-H left hand wheel. This was reported to me prior to the axle break and is unnoticeable during driving. I didn't have enough brake fluid in the shop to bleed the brakes and it was getting late so I'll save that and reinstalling the pad and floor mat till this next weekend. Got the new e-brake cable installed and spent some time looking under the car at the original 35 mechanical brake master shaft to find the magic hole(s) that allow a homemade rod to be connected between the master shaft and the e-brake cable...I'm not seeing it but this topic may be better in a new thread.
The car is on all four feet and drive-able. Bleed the brakes and put the mat down is all that I have left to do. Thanks for all the help and encouragement and I apologize if I asked too many questions, provided too many pictures and/or gave too much trivial information...like I did in this post.
Empty wallet
Capt Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote