View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 01:15 PM   #51
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: The Restorer needs to fact check its articles!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corley View Post
Wait, you may have missed the point of these tech articles.

Please try to be curtious and thoughtful of others before attacking in this manner. And if you feel the magazine articles are nothing but crap, why do you read them, you obviously know it all anyway, and have your mind made up without them. Give a guy a break!!!
Hi Corley, I respectfully feel like YOU are the one that is missed the point. I think more to the point is that both of the car clubs have built the majority of their membership base by offering a Magazine that is/was considered to be fact-filled publication that promoted the restoration and preservation of the Model-A. Much like a sermon preached from the pulpit of a church, the magazine too is expected to be held to the utmost standard of truthfulness. When facts are deviated from during a sermon, the entire congregation suffers as it sends the wrong message. The same applies here.

As for giving this gentleman a break, I agree however he has published quite a bit of misinformation over time yet when I look at the entire tone of this thread, it appears the Club and its' Publisher is the one that is being questioned. Maybe this circumstance is what it takes to address future protocol when instances like this surface in the future.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote