View Single Post
Old 01-24-2018, 09:57 PM   #43
Richard in Anaheim CA

Default Re: The Restorer needs to fact check its articles!!!

To the best of my knowledge, nobody gets paid for writing articles. Sorry Lawrie. :-) There are very few people alive today that were around when our cars were on every highway and byway in the country and farther. There were things done to our Model As that would appall us but they ran and are most probably in our garages.

We can all remember bad information accepted as gospel. How many times have you given advice only to find the inquirer has been talking to 6 or 8 different people and getting 6 or 8 different answers? "What kind of oil should I use" Must I tear down my engine to install hardened valve seats? Is my engine going to self destruct if I use unleaded gas without adding something? Are my cam lobes going to wear to a nub without adding zinc or something else? How many carburetors were drilled and tapped wrong without knowing it is a metric thread ? There even a couple of goofs in Les Andrew's book.

How many are actually experts on this subject? Apparently many as seen on this post.. Why haven't you written that article?

There is a need for a true expert on the subject to correct the misinformation.

The editor needs to print a disclaimer that a substantial amount of incorrect information was printed in the original article " prematurely".

My take on the subject. I couldn't write a definitive article on the subject. Lets give them a break. They volunteered, produced the article. It wasn't reviewed by you guys prior to printing.

Lets move on.

Richard
Anaheim CA
Richard in Anaheim CA is offline   Reply With Quote