View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 06:21 AM   #60
mjw

Default Re: Model A Huckster Group

Found out it is a Schurmeier Whitney replica with some slight differences most likely due to Rich not having a complete body to use as a template. I have been collecting parts 28/29 parts for the cowl and picked up a Briggs cowl also with the idea of possibly using it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjw View Post
I am going to revive the thread with my Huckster project.

I sold the roadster body so I could concentrate on the unfinished Huckster that I got with the Roadster from the estate of my friend Rich.

Rich built two of these in the 70s or 80s using parts of an old Huckster as a template/guide. One was sold to a friend or Club member and may be still out there. The other he kept as his own but did not finish it. I have all the original parts and drawings he made of the hardware.

I have put more pictures in an Album under my user name.

As you see this is a closed cab with wood frame doors with stamped metal skins and roll up windows. You may not notice right away but there are four hinges on the door not three as most have and because of the wood cowl I am assuming it is a 28/29. Right now it is sitting on the 30/31 rolling chassis from the Roadster body was on.

I will be posting more photos in my Album as I go through all the original parts and the hardware.

If anyone has any info on what this is a replica of I would appreciate it.
mjw is offline   Reply With Quote