View Single Post
Old 08-25-2016, 06:33 AM   #118
RockHillWill

Default Re: I could not sit idle, have a new project

Bob Kalenda came down from Grand Rapids, Michigan this week to lend a hand in prepping the speedster to get it wired up, detailed and running. We have been making a secondary bracket to run the fan, separate from the normal method of using the fan on the water pump. The radiator is lowere and the upper water neck got in the way of the fan, so we are making a shaft just below to spin the fan. The work Bob is doing on the wiring is extremely well done and organized, and I love the way it looks. He has integrated the original Model A wiring schematic with the requirements needed for the different gauges that I am using. The dual carburetors are creating some challenges. We have determined the way to jointly choke both carbs at the same time, but the high speed enrichment will be done separately with small hand knobs. A new battery has been installed and the cable are in place.

A visit to the Front Row Motorsports shop revealed the J. D. McDuffey paint job for the upcoming 'throwback' race in Darlington.

BobK1 006.jpg

BobK1 008.jpg

BobK1 009.jpg

BobK1 012.jpg

BobK1 014.jpg

BobK1 002.jpg

BobK1 003.jpg