View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 07:56 AM   #27
Steve_Mack_CT

Default Re: Some Hershey Observations

Walking around I hear two schools of thought every year:

1) Things suck this year. No good parts, too many empty spaces. If rainy, add crabby vendors to that list.

2) Holy Cow Batman, one would need a month to see everything here, it is overwhelming, awesome and the best week of the year.

Things do change, but I prefer to lump myself into camp #2 of this basically even split. Within an hour I found some nice parts that were good deals repro boards for a very reasonable $110, a nice wheel for $20, and some gas & oils smalls. Biggest problem was of course they were all in the orange field, requiring a loss of 30 minutes or so to get back to the car.

Looked for three days for a '30 Standard roadster top frame, and came up dry - put a deal together on one yesterday, completely unexpected thanks to an online ad. So the point is today we have more sources for parts than 25 years ago. You just need to use all your tools so to speak. It might change things a bit for live meets, but I don't think it kills the availability of good parts - especially for early Fords in general at Hershey.

I am counting days already to next year!