Thread: paint $$
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 09:29 PM   #36
larrys40

Default Re: paint $$

Brent brought up many excellent points in his post #11 as well as above and including Marshalls points. Doing metal and paintwork myself I can tell you how many hours it takes and most folks have no idea. The careful metalwork and subsequent steps of proper metalwork and undercoats and sanding to prep for final paint is crucial to a good job. If you want the good job you just have to understand it takes time and it is what it is. If you want to do it yourself then do so.

I do disagree that "anyone" can do colorsanding and good prep. There is a skill, talent, and process to it all. It shows in the final product. Additionally... the cost of the applied products are all expensive. Yes, I too think they are way overpriced. I would like to see that changed. Hard to understand why is DP 40 $400 Gallon?

In then end you have to evaluate what kind of job you want and who you want to do it. I believe that if most folks had to go through the proper process and do the job right that they would understand and appreciate the fact of the time and cost it really takes to do it well.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Larry Shepard
larrys40 is offline   Reply With Quote