View Single Post
Old 02-26-2019, 10:57 AM   #10
Drbrown

Default Re: Idle Screw - Running Issue on a '33 BB

Speaking with limited experience .... The position of the idle adjustment screw should not cause your engine to stall when you try to accelerate. Is it doing that under load, no-load or both ?

Beyond the setting screw idle and air mix screws, I can't tell from your description if the idle circuit in the carb is at fault or the accelerator circuit. An idea of RPM's at failure point would help. There are reports of problems having to do with the materials used on the power pumps of carb's.

I use a vacuum gauge to adjust my air mixture screws (as said, the starting point for air-mix adjustment screws varies with different make/model carb's - I've been told up to one turn pending but my gauge works best for me)

Having a Bubba distributor set-up I'm disregarding ignition thoughts, and your carb an pump are rebuilt. Assuming (1) you have the correct length idle adjustment screw for that specific carb, (2) the linkage arm lever on the carb is proper and not bent or binding (3) there are no "restrictions in the fuel lines - metallic and flex parts - check your flex line for interior deterioration that could restrict fuel flow, and (4) your rebuilt fuel pump is working properly - say 1.5 to 2.5 psi for single carb, then IMHO its sounding like your running short on fuel into the engine on acceleration and something's wrong inside the rebuilt carb.

Last edited by Drbrown; 02-26-2019 at 12:22 PM.
Drbrown is offline   Reply With Quote