Thread: 8rt bellhousing
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2016, 02:35 PM   #35
GB SISSON

Default Re: 8rt bellhousing

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8COOPMAN View Post
8BA-type flywheel has the clutch bolt holes drilled THROUGH to the back side. '48 and earlier the clutch bolt holes are BLIND holes. DD

Thanks, I determined it's the right flywheel. Now for the question of the day.... The stamped steel bellhousing I found lines up neatly with the back of the 8ba from a car, but the steel plate doesn't. It's fairly close, within about 1/4" in most places, but no dice.??? A friend mentioned maybe it's from a six? As you can see if that dowel pin went in it wouldn't clear the flange on the crank... I guess now I need the right plate. Also this setup may go in my 1/2 ton woodie. Will a 3 speed bolt right up? I hear a car 3 speed is longer, too long for a pickup. In needs to be a floor shift, not column. In the end will I need yet another cast bh to mount an 8 ba with 3 speed into a half ton? Thanks.
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is online now   Reply With Quote