View Single Post
Old 11-15-2015, 11:06 PM   #168
JM 35 Sedan

Default Re: Will all Veterans please arise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Henry View Post
I'd like to know who you are and where/how you served so that we can all say thanks. Pictures from your service would also be very nice. I'm not a veteran (was 4F in the Vietnam War draft). So, please, identify yourselves. And thank you for putting on the uniform and for your service
Old Henry/Craig , thank you for starting what I would call "The Veterans of Fordbarn Recognition Thread". I enjoyed reading when, where, and how other members served their country and maybe still are serving today. I was a little surprised at the number of members who readily came forward to post their service information, and also surprised that many of these members had rarely, if ever, posted on the discussion forum before. I think that is positive. It really wasn't that surprising, to me at least, that we did have a few "anti badge posting hecklers", but then they do deserve the right to voice their opinions as well. Actually, anyone who wants their service information to be known by other members can add this to their profile page. Also, for those who think this post had no relavence to Early Fords or the old car hobby in general, I can tell you that while many of us were serving, we were dreaming and planning what kind of old car we wanted to buy or build when we got back home. Many who servered were probably responsible in some way for some of us making it back home to live a life where we could enjoy many things, including these Early Ford Flathead V-8's.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein

Last edited by JM 35 Sedan; 11-15-2015 at 11:36 PM.
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote