View Single Post
Old 05-10-2020, 10:03 PM   #19
tomcarman

Default Re: Preserving Patina

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich b View Post
Really can't imagine why people want to make an old faded, rusty car, etc car shiny. It's not like you are going to park it back out in a field for a few more decades; it won't deteriorate instantly.
Follow up after several days of dry time. Product has a high gloss sheen and builds up depth (like a polished agate). I did not try a wet sand as even after several days of dry time it still feels a bit soft. I know nothing of automotive paint dry times but from what I've seen and read it is a long dry time, perhaps this is similar? Many people wish to not only preserve patina but also highlight it, as shown in several of these posts. Again, this thread is not intended to elicit opinions on patina or not, but rather to investigate the options one may have given their desired results and resources. This product is supposed to dry to a solid finish. From what I've read other products such as Gibbs and the like are an oil, which never dries. Also, I brushed it on which I think was a mistake. I should have wiped it on to get thinner coverage. It was applied on the horizontal surface, if applied on a vertical or sloped surface one need be careful as it will run and puddle. In conclusion if one desires a gloss sheen over aged patina I would recommend this product. Having just retired and with the stay at home in effect I have been rewarded to with time and interest to investigate this.
tomcarman is offline   Reply With Quote