View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 05:23 PM   #11
kimeccles

Default Re: Seat backrest springs

1930 68B

LOL Trust me, I would be glad to compare horror stories with you or anyone on this Pandora's box of a gift from my dad that ran in the 1960's and was left alone for decades till I decided I would try to restore it as he would have liked that.

Engine block cracked between cylinders, head cracked, crank not usable, timing cover cracked, valve cover wrong type for the year and cracked, flywheel cover cracked, front motor mount wrong, all shocks wrong, all brake rods wrong and bent to go around wrong shocks, etc.

Yes probably it could even be effectively argued that my seat is not "right" either.

I have at least 25% failure rate with all suppliers as parts are not right and have a thousand $$ in useless "new" parts. Like the shock bolts that Brattons and Snyders sell are NOT the big heads for 1928-1931, but they send you 1932 to 1936 style in a bag that says 1928-1936. I have two unopened bags of these and still can't find the big head ones.

Please do not feel that I have scorned your effort to have a great car like this running. I sort of thought a fixed seat part was easier to fix, and since I am doing that, seemed like worth mentioning. I will also be trying for about 98% so am in full agreement that you sometimes have to just deal with what can be done at the time. Mine is still not running, but getting closer.

best of luck, I could spend hours talking about how hard it was to get my windshield put back together and chromed.