View Single Post
Old 12-08-2020, 02:50 PM   #14
SeaSlugs

Default Re: BEWARE - another scammer out there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Licensed to kill View Post
On another forum for old mack trucks, a guy posted looking g for a "B-42" emblem and a short hood spear. I respond with "I have both, PM me an address and i will send them to you". That was weeks ago and was from a new member and was their first (and only) post. Never heard back. Since I was not asking for anything for them, not even the shipping, I don't see how the guy would think I;m scamming him and since he is asking for parts i don't see how he could be scamming me but I admit that I am VERY naive when it comes to this sort of thing as I tend to take people at their word. Could there be some sort os scam or could the guy looking think he is getting scammed some how??. Just seems odd.
That is odd. If the goal was to scam you for your parts and not pay you thats how this scam usually works. Usually has a fake check, fake money order, etc. Then they can sell your legit parts for money when they get them. But if they are getting the parts free just to sell for profit - you need the parts to begin with haha.

Even if they wanted to scam people for money as in say they are selling these parts, take someones money, then disappear - having the parts to begin with doesnt matter.

I think this person signed up to several sites looking for parts - you responded, and they forgot what sites they signed up for or cant find thier post again... Does the person have an email listed? or the site have a PM system? Not everyone is tech savvy. I dont think this is a scam - if it is its alot of effort haha. Even if it is your giving the parts away anyways so your not out anything (maybe your address but thats not hard to get anyways).