View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 11:56 AM   #13
Purdy Swoft

Default Re: Would you recommend a hotter plug?

No harm meant but I've got to disagree . The W16 Y has a longer tip and may be hotter at 5500 RPM but is colder at lower speeds and runs black and sooty . Anybody that has first run W16 Y and chanbged to W 18 will clearly know this. Larry brumfield made this claim but I don't believe that Champion EVER said that the W16 Y was hotter than the W i8 at lower speeds . Brumfield claimed that A Champion engineer told him ,years ago that trhe W16 Y was hotter. He made this claim on this forum in an argument with me around 2010 and this wrong info has cost a lot of people the price of a set of spark plugs that was way too cold for the way that most model A's are driven . The W16 Y wasn't made to be used with the model A . After the C 16 C plug was discontinued mostr vendors started offering the W16 Y as a lower cost replacement for the 3X plug . Though the W 18 is a little hotter than the 3X the W 18 is closest to the heat of the 3X . I won't argue this fact . This is just my experience . Anybody can believe what they want . I will just say that after a person first tries the W16 Y , they will see what I mean !!!
Purdy Swoft is offline   Reply With Quote