View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 10:47 AM   #17
SeaSlugs

Default Re: Uhaul Auto Transport & Tudor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big hammer View Post
U-haul trailers work very well, so well I wood buy one, but haven’t seen any for sale :-(
Stop and check things soon and then often, the stores that I have rented from where helpful and Knowledgeable !
"U-Haul trucks are for sale in hundreds of places throughout North America. Any and every U-Haul store would know where the dry trucks are located.

U-Haul trailers are not sold. As each trailer ages by another year the repair maximum is lowered. Once an older trailer can no longer be maintained or repaired for a specific price, it is taken to one of our 175 U-Haul maintenance facility where it is cut in small pieces and the axle is cut in half.

ive been with The Company for 31 years and we’ve always done it this way. As a result, there is never a question about who owns an older U-Haul trailer, we do!"

From another site someone asked where to buy old u haul trailers - you cant and if you find someone who is selling one its stolen. Apparently they are copyrighted designs so thats why they are built like tanks, fully galvanized, and no-one else makes one like theirs. I too would buy one if they were available.