Thread: 40 Ford Raffle
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2016, 12:44 PM   #99
CharlieLed

Default Re: 40 Ford Raffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37 Coupe View Post
I think the car raffle price for tickets and the odds or the number of tickets printed was very fair. Compared to a lot of other car raffles/fundraisers it is about the best bargain I have ever seen.Mayby this is because of the generosity of the donor with no investment into the prize but I bet the foundation could have done a lot better raising funds. If tickets are already almost sold out they could have probably sold a lot more especially into the National meet time. Must have needed some quick cash.Again not complaining about the odds but think they missed a better opportunity for fund raising in a longer period of time. Car appraised at $40,000,tickets to sell $40,000. very fair.
Understand the rationale but there is another side to the discussion...if the raffle were open-ended, how many folks would have bought tickets? I bought mine because I knew that there would be a reasonable chance of winning. I don't buy lotto tickets because the odds are so outrageous that it is just a waste of money. This was a very generous gesture on the part of the owners, some day I wish that I will be in a position to do the same to support such a worthwhile cause.
CharlieLed is offline   Reply With Quote