View Single Post
Old 06-29-2020, 08:44 AM   #16
koates

Default Re: 1934 Tudor needs a little hop-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post
Kevin , thanks for your reply but I work on combustion engines for about 40 years now, have raced ten years on the Bonneville salt flats with a 3000cc streamliner motorcycle. I guess I can feel when the engine is running out of puff. No way would this 3,6 ltr motor propel the heavy car up to over 80 mph when new. The engine is rated at 75hp.
cheers, Harty
Vincent, well I guess you have a bit to learn about the original 1934 21 stud Ford V8 engine. The 1933 Ford was rated at 75 brake horsepower. The 1934 was conservatively rated at 85 brake horse power (some publications say 90BHP)and was road tested to well over 80 Mph by several car magazines of the day including the English "MOTOR". Even some Ford Motor Company shop manuals stated this fact. Why do you think many police departments and Bonney & Clyde and John Dillinger and other lawbreakers used them. Because in their day they were one of the fastest production cars of their day. It would seem that your car/engine has a problem if it wont perform to close to this standard. As I stated, read some books. Regards, Kevin.
koates is offline   Reply With Quote