Thread: Barrett-Jackson
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2019, 12:54 PM   #16
California Travieso

Send a message via Yahoo to California Travieso
Default Re: Barrett-Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1928Mik View Post
I used to faithfully watch the B/J Scottsdale every January, doing the fantasy bids and all that. Then I noticed #1, all Steve Davis talks about are Fords, Mustangs in particular, and how the car is the 'real deal' when he interrupts the auctioneer, #2, Craig Jackson is very rude to bidders at times and loves to interrupt the bidding to try to hike it up, #3, everything is inflated, commercialized, and categorized according to what the announcers favorites are, #4, Mike Joy has always owned one of the cars on the block and talks about how great it was, #5, Steve Magnante is a walking car encyclopedia but he is not always correct, and #6, Chris Jacobs is a tool and knows absolutely nothing. Now I casually will watch but only for a much shorter time. Basically the best thing now is to keep an eye out for the leather pants on the 'Sold Sticker' girl.
I agree with everything you said, but especially about Chris Jacobs. He's an idiot and not a car guy at all.

On the early episodes of Overhaulin' he used to do those stupid pranks where they would pretend to "steal" the cars they were going to work on.

He tried to prank one car owner by putting Chip Foose in trunk of the car when they "recovered" the car. The car owner was a cop and when they opened the trunk and Chip popped out he pulled his gun out and aimed it at Chip. Chip almost got shot! Must have scared the $..t out of Foose.

David Serrano
California Travieso is offline   Reply With Quote