View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 06:33 PM   #14
Ribbon clerk

Default Re: '29 A Town Sedan, over heating

Sorry this has taken so long to get back in the forum; had a wedding to pay for.

Have pulled the radiator and filled it with white vinegar and let it set for about 5 days then drained it and back-flushed it with water. Had the radiator flow tested and pressure tested - both OK (but since this is not a pressurized system, does that matter?).
Also removed the water pump, plugged that port and filled the engine with white vinegar, let it set for about 5 days, then drained it and back-flushed it with water - 3 times (that's another reason it has taken me so long to get back here).
Additionally, I re-assembled everything but left the top hose off and filled the radiator and engine with water, started the engine and, at idle, very little water was pumped out of the return port. As I revved the engine, the water pumped out much,much better.
I reconnected the top hose and it still over-heats in about 20 min at idle. I assume that over-heating is when it boils the water out, right?
I am thinking that my next move will be to remove the head, the pan, and whatever else I can to get to the water ports and try to "rod" them out.

Yes, No ?????
Ribbon clerk is offline   Reply With Quote