Thread: Detergent oil
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2017, 06:36 AM   #48
Kevin in NJ

Default Re: Detergent oil

Here is a question..

Who knows of any recent engine that has had issues with dirt causing pre-mature wear and failure?

Who knows of any recent engine that has failed because the oil went bad?

So far I have never heard of any, modern or old normal engines that may have failed because the oil failed or too much dirt caused it to fail. Of course, I want to hear some science to back up the diagnosis, not 'it must have been the oil'.

All the A engines that I have seen failed have been because something was built wrong or it was just plum wore out from tens of thousands of miles.

You all just worry too much about stuff that makes no sense. The car does not need filters. It does not need fancy nothing. It just needs loving care in the building and it you can run it regularly and it is ready to run the next day, for decades!! You do not need to baby it either. If it is balanced right the engine will be happy run.

How do I know this?

I have listen carefully to the guys who have run for tens of thousands of miles. They have tried everything and the common thread with these guys is they know Fords original specs and the build to them. They do not bother with all the speed stuff (they all have tried it), some have counter balanced cranks and some have overdrives. They all think nothing of running 55 MPH all day long.

Quit worrying about he oil.
Use something with additives, do not change it too often, go drive.
Kevin in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote