View Single Post
Old 05-16-2014, 09:38 PM   #5
Tom Endy

Default Re: Oil Filtering Advice

I have used the A-Fordable filter on two different Model A's and four different engines. My Vic has 44,500 miles I put on it. Each time I have dropped the pan or removed the valve cover the inside of the engine is extremely clean. The A-Fordable kit has the filter sitting horizontal at the front of the aluminum valve cover provided with the kit. Inside the valve chamber right behind the filter is a carefully bent pipe that slips into the oil port that comes straight from the oil pump. The oil is ported directly into the filter. The oil exits the filter right next to pipe and fills the dams in the valve chamber and then pours over the forward dam right onto the timing gear. The design is such that all the oil being pumped up to the valve chamber goes through the filter before it goes into the valve chamber.

If you are a purest and don't like the looks of the filter, best to leave it off. If you drive your car a lot and want to keep the inside of the engine clean I would recommend installing the A-Fordable kit.

Tom Endy
Tom Endy is offline   Reply With Quote